View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbz View Post
I am looking to replace my shocks on my 04 ram 2wd and I wanted to know the best shock for my driving. I drive mostly on highway but I go up to deer lease which is really rough and I want some thing to make my ride SMOOTHER AND WILL NOT KILL MY WALLET . Which brand should I go with??

MONROE
KYB
RANCHO
GABRIEL
Well here is my break down. I use Gabriels. They do a good job and they're inexpensive! I tow a 32' travel trailer with a conversion van and the gabriel shocks do an extremely good job. I have to get new shocks for my rear end, they're peaking on 10 years old now.

Anywho, as far as Monroe which is what I had on the van when I got it. Monroe can be inexpensive and are very good too, I like monroe but I don't really use them anymore, they are somewhat expensive when it comes to truck shocks and you can get just as good a product from gabriel for half the price. One way or another gabriel gives you a lifetime warranty so you cannot go wrong!

I never tried KYB or Rancho, I have seen many trucks with rancho's and when towing they seemed to bounce alot and this is with people towing a u-haul. I never had any real reverb issues with the monroes with towing and the gabriels don't have to much reverb. Some reverb is good but if you are constantly bouncing it's not very nice.