Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
CountryD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamManCan View Post
Man that sucks! I have a 2010 sport in silver and my paint is pretty good. There is one spot on the drivers door where it looks like a small run, but unless you are a few inches away you can't see it. I've heard some horror stories of repainting too, it looks good at first but flakes, peels or just looks like crap a few years later, and they won't do anything about it 'cause its too long after. Also, make sure that you arrange the repainting and submit the bill to Chrysler. Otherwise, even if you choose the painter, Chrysler may just give the guy "x" dollars to do the job; and his quality may reflect the $$$ he is given.
Yeah, thats pretty much whats going to happen. The dealer submitted a couple of prices from different shops around town, so Im sure I will get a Cheapo Paint Job. Im really pissed about this situation. The customer shouldn't have to go through this crap with a BRAND NEW VEHICLE. I may just keep it a year then trade it in on something else. This is my first Dodge and Im pretty disappointed with them. I know that other companies have their own horror stories, but it still sucks.

I like my truck, its just seeing the paint everyday, irritates the hell out of me.