View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminor View Post
With no weight in the bed, my truck hops over just about any bump I come across. I'm pretty sure that on railroad tracks I'm getting the entire thing airborne. I have this : http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=251526333

kit installed, and 35" Toyo Open Country MT's. Again, when I have even as little as 150 pounds of stuff in the bed, it's the smoothest riding vehicle I've ever been in. But when empty, I almost don't want to drive my truck.

Any tips on how to end this problem so I actually enjoy using my vehicle?
It is possible that you have changed the u-joint angles a little and it can cause a small bump, you can check by driving for a little bit then get under the truck and put your fingers on the u-joint caps, if the caps are real hot then either the angles are off or the u-joint is bad.

If the problem isn't with the u-joints then try taking off the shocks and see how they are test their recoil and everything like that, shocks don't really last 50,000 miles like they say bilsteins are a different story. It could be other things but this is all i can come up with off the top of my head without really thinking about it.