View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edokdyshi View Post
Just curious....what is the BT catchcan for??? What purpose does it serve?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
My tips came with the Magnaflow cat-back system (16869). They are 5" double-walled polished Stainless Steel. The tips were welded to pieces of pipe. The kit is designed to clamp on, but I took it to a muffler shop and had everything welded in.

The catch can "catches" oil that comes from your PCV valve into your throttle body and eventually into your intake. You see no performance gains, but it keeps your engine running cleaner. There are several manufacturers of catch cans, but I went with the Billet Tech. I just don't like the idea of oil getting in my intake. That's less room for fuel and air. Basically, it's a $150 mod that makes me feel better.
It catches oil that "backs up", the system originally has it just go through the intake assembly via the PCV valve, but that can actually reduce the longevity of your engine. So it's like Bocephus said, it's $150 peace of mind

Damn I'm trying to find just those tips, the cutouts on the bumper just beg to be filled in with larger exhaust tips lol