View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

mine is a 2009 & i am in California & we did not have DRLs like you do up there
the dealership said that if the vehicle was sold as FOR USE IN CANADA, it came with DRLs

I needed headlights on for doing my business & we have highways where DRLs must be in use 24/7
I played around & saw that my headlights came on when going under a bridge or through a tunnel, of course they come on when it starts getting dark out, as long as i set the headlight switch in the Automatic position.
I tossed a pad of Invoices up onto my dashboard & the headlights came on, the pad had covered the little domed thing next to the center speaker, i now have DRLs, but only with the FOB in the ignition. I keep a piece of cloth over that dome now.

I understand that the newer vehicles can have DRLs & of course they still have them up there

MAYBE if you go into your EVIC personal settings, you can do more to have it your way

Good Luck
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle