Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: ST Express
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Sberge84 is on a distinguished road
Default Dealer Rant

So....this is my first post other than Newbie checkin.

I managed to work in free spray-in bedliner when I bought my truck last Friday. Soonest appointment they had was this morning. I also pointed out a few "on the lot" scratches that they are supposed to buff out/ farm out to local body shop, whatever. So I drop it off with intentions of picking it up this afternoon...as that's what the service writer and salesman has been feeding me all week. Cool. 4PM rolls around and after waiting for a phone call back for 45 minutes on the status of my truck, the phone finally rings. Apparently the technician had an "emergency" and had to leave early. I'm a pretty understanding dude, so I'm fine with that. I figured I'd swing by and take a peek while grabbing a few items out of the truck for it's overnight stay.

Okay, before I go further, I know I'm just b*tching and I'm being impatient, I just want to vent I suppose.

The tech only got to sanding down the bed before spraying and hasn't even touched the scratches. Hmmm.....so now I have to bite my nails all day Saturday thinking about how this tech that doesn't usually work a Saturday is going to rush through this job. FYI, it's black, so....I'm worried these cats will add to the issues more than fix them. To top off my slowly building frustration, the service writer informs me that the tech was having alot of equipment issues this morning and his spray gun was clogging up. Boy, that really instills faith that it'll be done tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with my man card temporarily revoked puttin' around this "less than hetero" silver PT Cruiser loaner. I suppose it could've been worse as I was informed that I was originally supposed to get the purple one

I know, half you guys on here have had far worse dealership stories. But...my baby is brand new and still has that charm, I want her back....NOW. Doesn't help that the sun is finally shining up here in Anchorage and I wanted to detail it tomorrow. What's that? Rain on Sunday. FML

Last edited by Sberge84; 04-20-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Sponsored links