View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I can certainly understand the frustration of not having your truck. There are a couple of things to consider -
1) You do have a loaner vehicle, albeit a PT it's still wheels.
2) Stuff happens. We've all had those situations arise where the best laid plans were altered at an inconvenient time. This time is was you tech.
3) It is always better to show patience (easy to say, but.......), as in the end you will reap the rewards or disasters. When ample time is available to the tech, there is a greater chance that you will be on the reward side.
4) Silver is a more acceptable color than purple for us guys. LOL

Last summer I was without my truck for a bit while the body shop removed an unauthorized body mod compliments of 'poop head' while I was asleep in a hotel. Although it was very frustrating to be without my 'baby', I make it 100% clear to the body shop that the allotted time for the repair was unacceptable IMO. I felt they needed at least twice the allotted time to do the job properly and asked that they slow the pace in favor of perfection. They took me up on my offer and had the truck an extra week. Boy was it worth it!

You'll get it back in time to detail it many times this year, so hang in there. You can always add to your rant at any time and someone from the Ram FourmZ support group is sure to join in.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI