Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
STERLING RAM 82 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by STERLING RAM 82 View Post
The Mopar rails are bigger than the Putco rails except for the type that Hiker Guy purchased. He got the Putco Boss rails which are pretty big rails. If he was able to get his Bakflip to fit with the Boss rails, then it would stand to reason that you could fit the Bakflip with the Mopar ones as well. I can't imagine that he got his covers rubber strip to lie flat though. I would have to see a picture of his setup to be sure but I think that the rubber strip is probably lifted up onto the bar a bit. This would really be a big deal but I am pretty anal about that and wanted mine to lay as flat as possible. Mine still touches the rail but it should shrink a bit overthe next month. If I still wanted to trim it at that time I could. I will take some pics sometime today when I get a chance so you can get a better understanding of what I am talking about.
fastNugly,

I took a ouples for you so you can get a better idea what I was referring to.

In this pic you can see the space that I now have between the rail and the end of the side of the bed. In contract, the cap for the mopar rails came almost all the way to the edge.

With this spacing, this is the way the cover fits. You can see that the rubber srip just touches the bed rail (this should shrink a bit in a month or so).

The Mopar rails were a hole lot closer to the end as they were bigger than the new Putco rails. In addition, the plastic rail cap was much larger than the one's the Putco's utilize.