View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
BMax94 is on a distinguished road
Default Drop down monitor with lockpick.

I have the 430n RHB radio in my truck and I'm looking at getting the Lockpick v.4 and installing a monitor for back seat video. I'm interested in being able to display DVD video from the head unit to the back seat and I'm sure this will work. The monitor also has a built in digital TV tuner for over the air broadcasts. My question is, using the a/v out on the monitor will I be able to display the over the air signal on the head unit? If I understand the lockpick correctly it shouldn't be a problem, but I want to make sure it's what I want before I commit. Anyone have input? Here is a link for the monitor I'm considering.

Also, does anyone have step by step install instructions/pictures/video of a drop down monitor or DVD install on a 4th gen truck? Do I tie in to the rear dome light to power it? I've seen a few threads with pics, but there aren't really any detailed instructions I've found. I'm a bit nervous about installing myself without a visual of what I'd be doing. I may just end up taking it in to a shop and having it put in if it isn't too expensive to do so.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or input.

Last edited by BMax94; 04-25-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Sponsored links