Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Longhorn ~V~
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:31
2012Longhorn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadango View Post
I dont mean this as an attack on anyone in particular,but more a general comment.

"tingle in accelerator pedal"......seriously?

This Ram is the smoothest riding, quietest TRUCK I have ever driven. Actually, it is smoother and quieter than most CARS I have owned.

Has anyone who has these problems ever bought an older pickup or SUV? I dont mean 2010...I mean like a 79 Trailduster or GMC Jimmy or a 77 Ford F150 pickup? Drive one of those and then drive your Ram and report back....LOL

My God.....the 2012 Ram is so far advanced in comfort and smoothness its like night and day.....

Of course, I also drive a 72 Plymouth Barracuda that is hopped up with a cam and headers and duals and a stiff suspension, so it has plenty of vibrations and sounds when I am driving....LOL...maybe that is why I think the Ram is so quiet and smooth.

Has anyone actually stopped to think that some of these "issues" --- tingling in accelerator, alleged torque converter noise etc -- may just be NORMAL and not signs that something is about to let go? Especially when people have these complaints after just barely 1,000 miles.....it just makes me feel like these are normal things. After all, it is STILL a mechanical machine and machines DO make noises and vibrations.

Perhaps we feel these relatively minor sensations now because so much of the road noise and harshness that we experienced in older , less refined vehciles is now gone, allowing those things to come through?

I just dont understand how people buy a PICKUP TRUCK and then expect it to be as smooth and perfect as a Rolls Royce.

I am not saying you cant dislike a particular sound or sensation, but saying it is a major fault????
Ok, I am wearing my flamesuit.
What he is describing is not normal. I had it on my 06 and when I drove another exact same vehicle, it was not there. I could never figure out what caused it. When you step on the gas, it should be smooth especially considering that these are fly by wire pedals. The feeling he is describing is as if the pivoting point on the pedal has a rasp in it. It's hard to describe. Kinda like the cell phone vibrates on your foot as you depress the pedal. I had a Mercedes 500 that did that and the dealer found a problem with the ignition system...it went away after that. Not sure what causes it with our turkcs. Knock on wood my new truck doesn't do it.