Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Rep:10
wilky70 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransEngineer View Post
I think it means you need to take it back to the dealer!

How bad is the fluid leakage? Sometimes this might just be some residual oil from when they did the replacement. So if it's just a few drops, I would wait a few days and see if it continues or quits.

As for the shuddering, I don't know what would cause that (or how a cut impeller hub seal would cause it), so if that continues, have the dealer check it with a scan tool to see what's going on.

Did they replace just the converter, or did they replace anything else?
Took my truck back to the dealership last week. The service manager drove it and felt the shutter when the truck went into MDS. He said it was a major shutter or vibration. Booked it in for Monday morning to have the leak checked and fix the shutter.
I called today to check the status of the truck. They told me that they took the inspection cover off and cleaned out all the residual trans fluid. It has now stopped dripping. Now they are telling me the shutter is caused by the MDS and there is nothing that can be done about it. When I pointed out that it didn't shutter before the converter was replaced they told me that it gets worse as the truck gets older and that I should just drive it in 5th. This is a truck that is 9 months old and has 5000 miles on it. Is that old for Dodge???
Before I trade this truck and lose thousands of $ do you think a good quality aftermarket converter would fix the shutter? At this point I was better off with the noisey converter.