View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamHemi55 View Post
Hello everyone,
This is a pretty important subject clearly because of how unhappy I am with dodge. Have owned 3 rams, my brother has had 4, even my sister owns a Dakota. The issue is on the 09 1500's, there is a pretty big issue with the exhaust manifold bolts. They have a issue with breaking off either at the head of the bolt or inside the motor. This is a problem with my truck and a problem with a friends truck (same as mine). I have seen many posts on this subject not only on this forum but a few others. My truck was in for a bad shift solenoid and they said i have 4 that are broken and i can tell cause i can hear the ticking. $800 dollars to replace all of them with the new style bolts. Dodge is aware of this issue because they have come out with a new style bolt to replace it. My powertrain warranty does not cover this part on my truck so im in a bit of hot water. I called dodge corp today and talked with someone about it and they say there is no "known issue" with this, even though every dealership has received a letter about this from dodge that if its a problem replace it, if not leave it alone. I have 4 dealerships that are on board with this that they will let dodge call them and tell them how many times they have seen this issue. WHAT I NEED FROM ALL OF YOU is if this is an issue with your own vehicle or someones vehicle that you know of, i need you to post up about it on this blog. I will be forwarding this blog to the tech at dodge corp to let him see how much of a problem this is. I refuse to pay 800 dollars out of my own pocket for a part they decided to go cheap on and is breaking yet for some reason they will not put a recall out about. If i can get enough support they will put it out as a recall and they can be replaced not only for me but for everyone else. PLEASE HELP EVERYONE!!!!
The more support for this the closer to a solution we can receive.
Either get some warranty work done or go up to home depo and spend 10 bucks on some new bolts or just get the replacements from the dealership and fix it for free yourself... Or just buy some after market headers...
This has been a known issue since early 2010...

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 04-26-2012 at 11:59 AM.