Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
JoeMamma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS12Express View Post
I went with the 2" lowering springs kit from McG for the rear on my '12 2wd Express 1500 after I had Helwig front and rear sway bars installed. I took crude measurements of the gap b/t the top of the tire and the highest point of the wheel well. Unfortunately, the McG springs really only lowered it about 1".

I would definitely like to bring the front end down 2" and the rear another 3"-4", but... I don't want to suffer ride quality. Any suggestions?

Daryl
Hi Daryl,

I wish I would have taken measurements at all four corners before I did the lowering job.........too late now. Looks like I'll need to locate another (stock) 2012 Ram with 2WD, a short cab and an 8-foot box and see how high it sits. Then I'll have some kind of comparison.

You didn't mention which McG kit (part number) you used, and also didn't mention if you did anything to lower the front of your Ram ??

Did you use the McG kit that included the new steering knuckles ?

As far as ride quality, any time you make a change and use a stiffer set of sway bars, ride quality is usually worse. But, your Ram will probably corner like a Viper !

Joe M.