View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

ok well I retraced my steps from the other day and I figured out that in my process of looking for a hot wire that was never there, I was using my little test light. It works by attaching the alligator clip to a ground and then touch each wire and when you find a wire with current the light lights up. well that never happened. Instead when I hit the wire for the cargo lamp circuit the cargo light would turn on and when i would do it again it would turn of. So I assume that the switch is a ground side switch. by me grounding the test light i was activating the curcuit.

So i went back out and did the dame thing, thinking that if the llight comes on again then the circuit is good and it must be the switch. guess what the circuit is good. So i pulled the switch and decided to take it apart thinking I might see something obvious.
well the thing I think I figured out is that the two circuits that are not working now are the cargo and fog lights. and those are the only two in the switch houseing that use a tactile momentary push button. I am guess that i fried these two little buttons. I found out that these buttons normally have a ohm rating to them. the two white spots are the switches. this is the only thing i can think of. now because I am so cheap, I have two options to try,
1.buy the new switch houseing for $40
2.figure out exactly what type of switch this is, for example 6x6x4mm or what ever. then unsolder and then resolder new ones cost .50c for both.
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20