Old 04-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
dracowing14 is on a distinguished road

I've got a 2011 ram big horn and I've had a noise coming from somewhere, not to sure exactly. it sounds like a either a grinding or one of those old industrial warehouse bells going off when i accelerate. i cna get the noise to happen all of the time, but when i take it to the techs they never rev it enough to get the sound. or they tell me it is a the exhaust resonating. i get it when the engine revs higher. like 2500 to 3500 rpms. at any speed. the dealership tells me that the sound isn't loud enough nor constant enough for them to do anything about it and they wont look into it. even if it is the damn muffler resonating my step dads truck doesn't do that so why wont they fix the problem even if the have to replace the muffler under warranty it is a new truck after all. so do you guys think this coudl be the torque converter or doe sit sound like it could be the muffler. I did mention thta torque converetr to them and they just said. O no we know about that problem and we are sure you don't have that. before they even test drove the truck.