Old 05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
BlueRam1500 is on a distinguished road

I have been through the whole gambit of lighting options, due to the fact that the lights on my Ram were so bad I have used the ultra-stars (it got ok), I bought the HID kit (amazing light it just blinded everyone...I will explain), and finally I bought the Projectors from Recon! The problem with just putting HIDs in the factory socket is that even though it will refelct off the factory housing they are designed to work specifically with a projector housing. That is why everywhere I went ppl would bright light me! One guy in front of me stopped and make me go around I was so bright... I went with the recon because even though they were more expensive they were designed by a company that caters to trucks. The specs that I looked at, they were just made better and I was able to talk at length to a tech guys and he answered all my questions without fail. At first I went with the xeion bulbs, but found that the HIDs once put into a projector housing are perfect. Hope this helps! Took alot of research but it pays off...BTW Recon gives you all the harnesses and jumpers to work with your truck as well, the only thing you have to splice in is the LEDs and Halos...