View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramfam View Post
Ok the 95 4x4 has a leak at tank. Now this is what I found I filled it up and accedently over filled it that's when I noticed it so I thought ok neck leaks. Well its been a while now and dad and I have put 50 miles on it and its down 1\4 of a tank. Well drove it today and well leak. So now I stuck my head under the bed its leaking around fuel pump so loosend fuel cap and it releced 2 sec worth of pressure. So I looked into evap system and was wondering if a bad purge valve can cause an over pressure like this?
It should leak period, even if the vehicle was to roll over the fuel shouldn't leave the tank PERIOD. If it's leaking around the top of the tank at the pump I could honestly put my money on a leaky fuel line quick connect, they're made of nylon and this part is known to crack on the dodge's after some time, if not that then could just be old cracked rubber hoses just drop the tank put a new pump in clean the tank new grommets call it a day.