Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 2WD
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:77
bigedschukar will become famous soon enough

Hi Basscat!

Like ArmyofOne and BlueRam, I can't speak more highly of my 2009 4.7L. I have around 64K miles on mine now and it is still just an amazing vehicle to drive and own. I literally just HATE driving my wife's Honda CRV now! I got the 4.7L because I don't tow anything and I'm not a construction worker, but I wanted the power of a V8. Mine has PLENTY of get up and go and it sounds tough even in it's stock state. My gas mileage is usually 17-18MPG mixed city/hwy, but she loves road trips. I once got 22MPG on a 4 hour trip to Dallas. As for hauling, although I don't regularly tow/haul anything, I recently did 4 loads of rock for a culvert on my property. Yes I maxed out the bed load and she was tilted back, but damned if she didn't still have the get up and go!!

I love my truck. Like you I test drove trucks and fully expected to buy a Chevy....until I drove my Ram. They feel tight, tough, and strong.

Good luck with your new baby and give us a shout on here with any help/info!!