View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
I run E85 regularly in the city in my 09. Anything 4.7 thats 08 or newer is factory equipped to run ethanol with no modifications.

I actually notice a slight power boost on E85. Truck drives differently. Its weird. 9-10mpg city isnt cool, but as long as city driving is all we are doing that week it doesn't really matter, not much difference between 9 and 14mpg, especially when you consider I have to fill up weekly, regardless, and the price is significantly cheaper where I am.
When I was speaking of modifications required that is if the vehicle isn't equipped for it, I am not aware of what models and years of dodge's are equipped.

Well anyways ethanol is ok nothing wrong with it but truely more energy potential in gasoline then ethanol also gasoline has a natural lubricative property which means the engine will last longer but that's why E85 is E85, 85% Ethanol and 15% Gasoline.

The real issue is the A/F because you need slightly more fuel with ethanol then you would gasoline. To be honest I would much rather prefer ethanol over gasoline in terms of price and supply but thing is oil companies are involved so the price will always be within the same range as gasoline. That and you always have your backyard geniuses.