View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2664
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

My Ram is just over 3 years old

I put 2 dents in the rear bumper, that is what i get for trusting the electronic back up sensors, what i didn't know was there are 3 blind spots back at the rear
First one is where the hitch receiver is, i knew that i was close to a corner of a building & i had to back up, just a bit more, no buzzer went off & plastic bends easily

I then bought a back up camera, thinking between the 2, my Ram bumper is well protected & i have 2 eyes to see the rear view mirrors, well the post was low & i found that the very corner of the bumper can't be seen by the sensors, camera, or my eyes. I swear, concrete & steel posts grow fast !! Someone must have put Miracle Grow around it.

Passenger side door has a nice dent in it, compliments of person that opened their door into it.
Drivers side has a deep scratch just above the gas tank access door, i was staying over night at a Motel 6 & i heard the alarm go off & by the time i put shoes on & got outside, the car full of younger people were gone.
Front bumper has several scrapes, some were put there by semi truck tires flying through the air at me & kids riding bicycles a bit to close to my front bumper while it is parked out in front of my place.

My windshield needs replacing now, rock chips from road debris

It is a truck after all, not a Ferrari
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle