Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
M.Scipione is on a distinguished road
Default Crew Cab Sport NEW MODS!

I finally got some of my mod list taken care of, getting down to the short rows now!

I installed the ground force 2" rear lowering kit...

No more factory rake and the ride is 10 times smoother! The rubber cushion that came with the kit was about 5 times thicker than the factory one and the difference in ride is very noticeable. Good thick springs too.
Give it several days to settle for final height, I lost another 3/8" after install when it settled. now I'm 36-1/2" in the rear and 36" in the front!

I also got some caliper covers,
Here is the back...

and the front has the Dodge logo...

I waited for awhile because I really didn't want the "mgp" logo on the side of these. They now offer this option for the Dodge logo/Rams head logo for only a $30 upcharge.
They are very good quality and super easy to install.

If you have the 20" wheels like mine you won't even have to take them off to install. there is enough space inside the rim (between the rim and the rotor) to put these in and then shift them into place on the calipers.

CarID was really good to work with as well, they took my info and placed the order for me. Custom color and logos etc. Lead time was only about 2 weeks, pretty good for custom work.

I also got some custom badges,
These from billet badges...

and these from an ebay seller that goes by "copper genius"...

Both are excellent quality - although billet badges can no longer make badges with any crhysler trademarked logo's (not even the word Hemi if you can believe that) so you would need to look elsewhere for those.

I have trimmed my dash/sterring wheel with 3M Dinoc Black Carbon Fiber...

The top of the console was a real challenge, it took several attempts to get this right. If you are going to try and tackle this one do yourself a favor and get a heat gun. I got a variable temp porter cable for $40 and it was worth every penny.
Also note, to pry out the steering wheel trim pieces remove the horn fuses first or you will wake up the neighborhood!

And finally I was able to pull the trigger on a Bakflip F1 tonneau...

This is a great top, it sits flush with your bed rails and looks incredible.
Best of all I can use the entire bed and no more Vinyl top flappng in the breeze!
This top has an issue with the grain of the 3 panels not matching each other but Bak customer service has really been great about trying to make this right. Fingers crossed!

I also added a lower grille to cover that ugly plastic piece, this one is from paramount restyling.
Half the price of their competitor and better quality (from what I've read)

Next up K&N CAI (77 I think, with the chrome pipe) and an 18" Magnaflow.
Then hi temp paint for the Engine cover and I think I will be ready for the car show!

Sponsored links