View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:20
bigjeff64 is on a distinguished road

Have u ever run a amp power wire before? if not no worries. First u need to find a fuse that has a constant power when the truck is running and not when its off. that way you dont have ur radio on draining ur battery while u sleep. next thing is to run the wire to the firewall and i would look for a rubber graument to run the wire into the cab. this is a hole predrilled from the factory that leads existing wires to the interior so u might be able to trace them back to ur fuse box. Once the wire is in the cab then connect it to the harness and thats it. 1 thing i didnt touch on was cleanliness and that all comes down to u. use zip ties in the cab to hide the wire and you can get as custom as u want under the hood however, in my experiences under the hood i would pick up some wire loom and electrical tape. run the wire as far away from the engine as possible and STAY AWAY FROM THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD!!!!! Lastly wrap the wire in wireloom and electrical tape to protect it from the heat and the elements. I have ran several sizes and types of wires and i stand by the wireloom and electrical tape they even make it different clolrs to brighten up under the hood. Hope this helps and good luck.

P.S. Pick up a Hayes manual from the auto parts store for ur truck they have pictures of where the graument holes are and it gives a detailed breakdown of the fuse box