View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500 4.7L
Color: Mineral gray metallic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
vincesram1500 is on a distinguished road

I thought it may have been lifters. I notice that noise if I dont let the truck "warm up" in the mornings. I had the truck for about a year. It was parked outside my work with around 6k on the clock. An older lady lost control and freaked out in front of the dealership where I use to work. My truck was the 2nd car she hit from the front bumper to the readr door all on the left side needed to be replaced. I was extremely upset. After I got the truck back is when I noticed this sound. You can really here it at a stop light if I'm next to a bus or a truck and the sound has something to bounce off of. I have friends who work at dealers and when I've taken it in they are unable to diag it. Frustrating right? I dont wanna be that guy who complains about little noises at the dealership but still. Here we are at 70K at the noise is still there almost like an arc or something. IDK. When I had the muffler installed while the truck was in the air I asked the guy to look it over. Said it was all looking good....