Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:23
BradZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMROD5 View Post
yeah its a v6, but you forgot to add it has forced induction and more stout numbers than the modern hemi, and will walk right past the hemi once she is spoolin at or around 100mph. im not stickin up for it, just stating facts, im a dodge guy, fords ok, bowties are for the pick n pull. nice kill, did ya rub it in? i would have
no didn't forget it, I just will always consider teh V6 useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q23 View Post
Really? Yeah cause it makes since to replace the new 5.8 SUPERCHARGED motor that will be in the new Shelby with a twin turbo 3.6

Btw... not that im trying to justify the ecoboost but its pushing 365HP and 420 Torque. So its go slightly less HP then a sport but more Torque... plus they have the luxury of a tuner option where as we with 2011+ do not. With the same gearing they also get about 700 more lbs of trailer towing then us... ijs its not that bad of a motor... i just love how my sport ext and for sure the interior compare to any other make.
no not seeing them putting a V6 in the shelby. He hasn't lost it that far I hope.

Like the old saying goes, "there's no replacement for displacement."

I don't care what the numbers are, I have no interest in a V6 with a power adder. A naturally aspirated V8 will be much better regardless than a forced induction V6. Not ot mention the detonation that is prone in power adders.

I came out of cars a few years back, learned a long time ago that if you're gonna get a car you build it around the motor. You don't try to work on the motor later to squeeze more power than it was meant ot have out of it.