View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
I don't have any dyno's on hand but I want to say the older 4.7 put out better torque to the wheel than the new one's in stock form, just from seeing the graphs you linked to.
Maybe with a cam...? Definitely not stock.

Old 4.7L 295 lb ft peak
New 4.7L 330 lb ft peak

Same exact drivetrain(transmission and rear axle) so no way there was a difference to the wheel. Unless it was manual trans.

Not to knock the old 4.7L, it's a good truck engine, but the new 4.7L is significantly improved upon. My dad has a single cab 2005 4.7L "work truck" and it runs fine but it's pretty slow. I have my 2010 4.7L quad cab with much larger and heavier wheels/tires and it is ....let's say....quick. I wouldn't say it's fast, but it's fun and "peppy".

I wish someone would make cams for the new 4.7L, and long tubes. You'd see some 400+ hp 4.7L's if it ever happened. That's a lot of power from a 287 NA.

Anyway, this is about the v6 lol. So do you have any other plans or just going to be satisfied with it as is?

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.