View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 12:17 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent21606 View Post
how many of you guys have your truck sitting for a few days at a time? for the first time i bought a car. now that the truck sits a few days it doesnt sound to good on the initial start up. i have full synthetic oil should i put oil additive in there too? after about a year and 4 months of filling up every week or 3 times every two weeks at 110 a pop i broke down and got a car. not to mention the dents scratches and over 40k miles on what used to be a new truck. oh and dont tap on my seats or sit down to hard or your covered in drywall dust lol time for a nice detail and let it sit and look pretty on the weekends.
My Ram has been sitting for a very long time.

In the last year It only moved for a 2 week period.

Other than that, wifey really just starts it and walks everywhere. It sat for 6 months, I came home, we took it on a 2500 mile+ road trip, it started right up and went on the road trip (with fresh oil of course) without an issue. I fully expect a repeat of the same when I come home and start driving it to work.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...