View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Ford does seem pretty sticky with regards to warranty, especially on the EB. Although unconfirmed, I have heard numerous owners complain that they can't even change the muffler or install a CAI as they have been advised this will void the engine warranty. If this is true, I feel it's a bit over the top.
That's how they afford to throw every bolt on in the book at the Shelby, they make the F-150 owners suffer lol Seriously you can't think that a 650HP SC car under full warranty will have some effect on the production line and legal side of things somewhere down the road.

The EB is a decent motor, I'll even say I watched all the torture test videos they did with the motor. Hauling large loads and throwing it into a Baja truck, down to the live tear down and measurements after all the testing. It is impressive. But I like to tinker with my toys, and I hate the sound of the upgraded exhaust on the EB's. Have you ever heard a V6 Accord with a "tuner" exhaust, same damn thing. And those turbo's aren't that big, cranking up boost on them won't get you very far.
While it seems that lately the more the big 3 give, the more they take (I can't tune my 11' yet) I am very happy with how far we've evolved. Think about this, the 2nd Gen Ram had a 5.2L V8 putting out 220HP, and we went crazy for it. Now even the PowerTech 4.7L V8 puts out over 300HP (not to the wheels of course, that's 4th Gen 5.7 territory) and we're able to produce better MPG. Now.. Long live the Hemi!!! And get rid of this damn rolling computer code so I can cam this damn thing already.