Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

One time the carwash sprayed some chemical on my chrome rims which permanently discolored /etched the chrome. They denied it was them of course and it wasn't something I could claim on insurance.

In the end, all I could think to do was sit at the entrance on the public street with my truck parked and I wrote on the windows of my truck with white shoe polish "BEFORE YOU GET YOUR CAR WASHED HERE, STOP AND SEE HOW THEY DAMAGED MY TRUCK!"

I did this for 2 hours one day and on the second day they called the cops on me. I don't think they could have forced me to leave, but I didn't want to cause trouble with the officer so I left it at that knowing I caused them to loose at least some business.

Back in my youth, I would get my pound of flesh, but now I would let my insurance company handle it as you should. If they're like my company, Mercury, they will call it a comprehensive claim which doesn't count against you. Hopefully they will try to get the carwash to own up and cover your deductible.
thats a big bummer regardless

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear