Vehicle: 2011 Ram SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Rugged Brown
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
roadrnnr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Hmm, Maybe I was jumping ahead a bit. So let's start with this question. When you say "garbled" do you mean kind of choppy and may sound like the chipmunks (Alvin)?
If so and you haven't had any Uconnect updates performed then I can help you some there. Here is the link for the 2011 SW update for Uconnect. This update will help that issue and the sound quality is good, just not great and this is due to my earlier explanation about the bitpool rate.
Here are the instructions for the update procedure:
Download it to a thumb drive that has no other files on it. If you have files on it, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Now plug in your iPhone or iPod and let it be read by Uconnect, does it start playing after being read? Let me know how this works out for you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m

We'll go from there, ok.
Well I have an HTC Droid incredible 2 and when I stream the google navigation the nav voice is all cut off at the beginning and sounds like it speeds up while she is talking. You really cant understand the instructions. Also when I had music on my Phone it would start playing all of them at once over and over. I had to delete all the music from the phone to stop it.

I will try this update

This is what I get when I go to the set up screen:

Software:20.02.01
Audio CPU: 051310
Gracenotes 8E6
Hardware: T00AM1810M6563

Can that tell you if I have updates? I have not had the dealer do any as of yet.

Thanks