View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
rickabev is on a distinguished road
Default Install of Total Load Control on 2010 Ram

Hello everyone,

I recently installed the TLC system on my 2010 Ram. I have installed other systems on older rams, a Toyota Tacoma, and Toyota Tundra (previous vehicles and family member's vehicles). I'd say the install for this took me about the same time overall, but for different reasons. The install of the bags was easy and took less then 1 hour. The hardest part with the bags is putting a bolt on the driver's side because access is an issue. The rest of the install took me around 6-7 hours additional. All of the other systems I have dealt with have been controlled wirelessly so I haven't had to bring any hoses or wires through the firewall or had to permanently mount the gauge/controller.

I wanted to make the gauge, switch and dump valve look as integrated and factory as much as possible, so I took a lot of extra time figuring out what would work best for me. So, here are some quick pics from my phone with what I ended up with. I decided to mount the gauge on the center console on the passengers side. I originally wanted it on the drivers side but there are some mechanisms for the shifter that run under the console and so there wasn't enough space. I put the switch and dump valve on the bottom panel above the gas pedal, next to where I have my trailer brake controller mounted. Hopefully that gives you some point of reference because the pics aren't all that clear.

I feel like it turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think. I get to test it out this weekend when I pull my travel trailer. Looking forward to it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_1.jpg (116.6 KB, 537 views)
File Type: jpg photo_3.jpg (78.8 KB, 525 views)
File Type: jpg photo_4.jpg (118.3 KB, 496 views)
Sponsored links