Old 05-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 3500 Laramie LongHorn DRW
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Western Brown/Gold
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
PteJack is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your answer Brad I appreciate it and thanks for the compliment, (Great name BTW, same as mine..)

Unfortunately, the truck is mine already so the SRW is the only option. I had asked for the 4.10 rear end on the SRW when I was dealing but was told it wasn't currently available in any of the Alberta inventories at the time and was congratulated on having one of the most decked out trucks in Canada when I signed the papers.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda.... Flip!!!

As for the pin and dry weight of the unit, that's right off the trailer specs from the factory. You have to remember that the GVWR of the unit is 15500 so when they built it most of the weight was distributed to the pin to allow for more cargo to be added in the rear.

I just got off the phone with the Dodge dealership, they're saying that throwing airbags on to the truck will increase payload, but my concern is that the GVWR and GCWR doesn't change, or does it?? From what I understand of this is that I can carry more, but still have to remain inside the 2 mentioned limits. Kind of an oxymoron if you ask me. If GVWR and GCWRs are already maxed out, what the sense of adding more payload??

Another thing, if I throw an airride hitch onto the trailer, would that reduce some of the pin weight or does it just help distribute the rough ride and add more weight to the hitch plate?

I have never been more frustrated and ticked off and my wife is absolutely livid.

What really gets me is watching all the rigs like this running down the hiway on trucks less than what I have and now I cringe at the thought of travelling by road knowing what I think I know.

Regards

Pte Jack