Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT QD CAB Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
DodgeRamMan71 will become famous soon enough
Angry

I am getting annoyed by this issue. I have been running only Shell gas in my 2010 RAM 5.7L Hemi and I have been using 89 octane in it last 2 fill ups and I set the tune to 87 tune. I have been listening for KR and I would hear it from time to time. It was noticeable. So, I reset my RAM to OEM settings and ran it through same type of running and guess what, NO KR. WTH is wrong with this tuner to cause it to do this? I am not wanting to ruin my RAM over 20 hp and tq. This tuner should be able to run with Shell,Sunoco,BP,Mobil,etc gasolines. Something is not right with these tunes to cause KR. If I can adjust something, please let me know. If there is going to be an update to correct this issue, I would like to know as well. Other wise I can not use the tuner. I save on gas by using Shell. They have a program with Kroger store and I can save .10 per gallon for every 100 dollars spent in one month up to 1.00 dollar off per gallon up to 35 gallons. I am kind of tied to them, so the tuner needs to change for me to use it. I have been told that Hemi's are known to knock. Is there any one that has this issue with any kind of gas? I have been writing on intunes forums, so far I am not satisfied with the answers I have been getting. Why should I not be able to use anyones gasoline and still not worry about the tuner making it knock on me.