View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1989 Dodge D150 2wd
Color: Blue/Blue
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:10
shephdt is on a distinguished road

Thanks Warlock. I thought about pulling the vent window. Hesitated mostly because my truck is old enough that I'd have a tough time putting the old stuff back. But what you wrote, using the spring to help push the window up, makes sense.

I actually left it apart. I had other things to work on, and wasn't making a lot of progress. I'm looking at the weatherstrip/seals to find where to buy those, and I think pulling the vent will help. Alot. I'm also going to bolt the regulator back in, instead of trying to rivet it.

Warlock, would you be trying to do the weatherstriping for the window if you were taking one apart and the old was iffy?

I've looked around for a decent write-up on the weatherstriping, too. I've been looking on a few dodge forums and I haven't seen too many write-ups with photos for 1st gen trucks. I've got some photos from my phone for what I did today. I'll try to put together a how-to.

I've had to put more into this than I was planning for: ball joints and front suspension, gas tank straps (tank was held on with a flat cloth strap), and now redoing the windows. But I like the old girl