View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Is tired of the BS too

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Is this a private conversation...or can just anyone jump in here??

I've done about 100 of these bearings and that's what it sounds like. I think the nut is a 1 1/16th or a 38mm. Most of them don't have a washer because the nut turns with the axle shaft.

The torque setting I use is TAH (tight as h...). You'll know when it's tight. The axle nut doesn't have a torque setting that I'm aware of. The instructions just say to NOT USE AN IMPACT GUN. It smooshes the bearing in too tight and wears prematurely.

If I run across a stubborn nut I put the truck on the ground to keep weight on it, or use a 10 inch round punch and tap it into one of the rotor vents and let it lock itself against the bottom of the caliper mount.

Breaker bar and a 4 ft piece of pipe.

If the bearing refuses to come out...Snap-on makes a tool especially for it. Loosen the 3 bolts that hold the bearing in and leave them about 1/2 way. The tool fits onto the bolt head and pushes on the bolt to inturn push the bearing out. And a 4lb hammer.

Last edited by Warlock III; 05-20-2012 at 09:34 AM.