View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Dodge put a alarm sensor on mine, it cost a bunch for how badly it works

they have 2 different systems
the GREEN one is what they call the Luxury system, it is the most expensive & it can not be seen by anyone outside of the vehicle

the 2nd system is the BLUE one, is the cheaper unit & i don't know anything about it, to me it looks the same, except for the color

Both of these are made to work some how with the FOB door unlock/lock feature
I guess it beats having to carry 2 devices
1 to de-arm & arm the alarm system & another to unlock the doors

When my FOB is not in the ignition, there is a red light that flashes on the dash, hard to see when you are out of the vehicle, i was told that it was a START disable feature

When i Lock my doors, the GREEN alarm light comes on, it is suppose to be adjustable for different vehicle jarring, like someone bumping into it, mine has never gone off
It also looks like crap where they installed it

note the Green thing by the Parking Brake release handle

as i mentioned, neither of these lights can easily be seen from outside with the doors closed, light fingered people would think that there was no alarm system

So i went to a friend that works on my electrical needed for my job, my Ram is my only work vehicle, he is also a Ram truck owner, has a V-10 in his
He installed an BLUE LED light that connects to the Green Light, it flashes when the green light flashes, lights up my whole cab blinking constantly

He put it into the 115 VAC panel

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle