Old 05-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge RAM Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport w/ Sunroof
Color: Pearl Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
SwampDonkey2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Need new shocks on 2500 Big Horn??

Hey Fellas,

My father has a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Big Horn QC. He has about 60,000 miles on it and he uses it relatively hard. He hunts almost every weekend and likes too drive a little fast in the field in my opinion. He really likes his truck and wants to stop replacing suspension. He has already had to replace some suspension parts as it is.

He has always disliked others lifting their trucks and putting huge tires on them, because he sees a lot of people do it for looks. I try to explain to him that those things do have a function and application. So today he asks how hard it would be to replace the shocks on his truck. He says they are shot.

So.... my question. Would he be better off replacing just the shocks; and if so what would be a good trail/road shock/coil that will last him a little longer?

Or would he be better off looking into a complete suspension package with just a mild lift? He has plenty of clearance for the things he is doing, so the lift isn't necessary. Any input would be great. From talking to him, he is ready to call dodge and just get factory shocks put back on. Help me talk him out of this pleeeasseeee!!!
Sponsored links