Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 3500 DRW
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: white on gold
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
markma is on a distinguished road

my 2 cents - i was pretty much in the same boat. Had the 2011 2500 Denali HD (Duramax/Allison) with a 41' Holiday Rambler. It pulled just fine - tons of power; but, was close if not over the rated towing capacity. I just converted (yes - long time GM driver, w/ several Duramaxes under the belt) to a DRW Longhorn and would never have done so if not for one of my friends that bought a 3500 Longhorn and loved it. My problem was that the truck rear suspension was just not stiff enough and "bucked" like a bumper hitch model. I solved the problem with add on air bags and have talked to others that did the same thing. But, it was time to get a new truck. IMHO, you will be fine on power, towing and stopping; but, if the ride was similar to mine, it will make for a very long trip. For what it is worth, i tried the Dodge, Denali and King Ranch DRW trucks. The King ranch got the best milage 22+ at hwy speed; but, had the worst ride. The Denali, way short on features (bling); but, i still like that truck). The Longhorn - wow, so much bling and the best ride. The truck i just bought has 4:10s and it gets 16+ at hwy speed. But, i am going to add a programmer. This will all works out for you. You sound like an engineer. 85' Grad Chem Engr here. I don't check this site much; but, would like to know how this turns out for you. Blessed in WA. mark