View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
Jcon7487 is on a distinguished road
Angry 1st, 2nd, 3rd, WON'T Engage! Reverse Is Fine. Please Help!!

1999 Dodge 1500 5.2l 4x4 149K Miles. 46RE, Everything I have found points to it being a 46RE

Transmission works fine when it is cold. Drives fine while warm, but once I stop anywhere, get back in, it will not engage ANY of the Drive Gears. 1, 2, or 3 WILL NOT Engage. REVERSE works perfect.

I have to wait till it is fully cooled down before it will engage drive again. Just changed the Filter and Fluids, was very dirty, planning on driving for a week, then doing a Full Flush and Filter/Fluid change again. I really thought the dirty Filter would fix it enough to at least drive it for a week or so and repeat.

I have noticed some Sporadic Idle Surge and The Tranny Seems to search for Gears on the Freeway cruising about 65mph sometimes. Also when I first Accelerate, it seems to studder alot, unless I get the pedal in a certain spot. Not sure of the RPMs on that I'll have to check it when I get Ballsy enough to drive it again.

Any help is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!! I'm getting frustrated and not sure what could be the issue?
Sponsored links