Thread: 5.9L vs 5.9L
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about
Default 5.9L vs 5.9L

Hey guys...

This is something I have found really odd, and I don't quite understand.

As many of you know, I have a 98 Ram SS/T, with a 5.9L (360), rated at 245hp stock.

Well, for a short while, my dad owned a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, with a 5.9L rated at 245hp.

(that Jeep was fast as hell, and the scariest freaken thing I've ever ridden in. 245hp DOES NOT belong in a top heavy vehicle thats all time AWD...lolP)

Anyway, the thing I don't understand is....my SS/T says it requires regular unleaded fuel. Says that on the fuel door, on the gauge cluster, and in the owner's manual. That Jeep Grand Cherokee, however, said Premium Unleaded fuel Only all over it.

Both were rated at the same hp, and same compression ratio...so...what would be the difference?

The SS/T doesn't ping at all...so........

I'm just trying to figure out what was done differently since both are same year and everything.

ANy ideas?

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Sponsored links