View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport 4x4 SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:26
Crobber is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Overheating Again !!

Last week the truck's waterpump went out and that was the source of the overheating problem. Had that fixed.

Now today my truck once again is overheating. At a much slower pace but non the less overheating. After i noticed it was overheating I checked the cooland and it was out. I filled it back up and drove it around to see if it would drain it all out like it did before.
After 10 miles of driving the truck still would overheat at idle and only some coolant was gone.
*I was kinda under the impression that the truck felt like it was missing some of its power early but idk.
*Also when i noticed it overheating I instantly flipped the heater on and a steamy flow of air came out with a weird smell. Hard to say what it smelled like but it lasted for about a minute and went away. Engine temp. dropped from 250ish to 200 real quick and bought me time to get through the line of cars.
Any thoughts/Suggestions?
I checked the oil i didnt see any signs of coolant and will have to wait till morning to check for oil in the coolant.