View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:37 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Hauling a load of rock in the bed, I can't honestly say if I was over the weight rating of my Ram, but I hauled it from Portland to Tacoma, a trip that normally takes just a hair over 2 hours, took almost 4. I couldn't exceed 45mph without the front end of the ram floating. The engine and trans would do it all day, and if I had TLC at the time, it would not have been even close to an issue.

At TLC, we will never reccomend someone exceed their GVWR. However, there is no harm whatsoever in improving upon the Ram's suspension design. The coil's in the 09-12 1500's ride really nice, but the rear end sags with about 200lbs tongue weight. I had an empty car hauler trailer on my Ram, and she wasn't bottomed out, but she was sagging. I put my wife's 05 RCSB Sport 4x4 on the car trailer, and it was bottomed out immediately.

Bottom line, TLC is the best way to enhance the rear suspension if thats what one is looking to do, regardless of their reason's for doing so.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...