View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape99ram View Post
and im beginning to think the tranny needs to be rebuilt... its starting to shift hard
I doubt the transmission needs to be rebuilt. Like I said you probably just need to have the valve body rebuilt, the valve body is what makes the transmission shift, it's pretty much the controller of the transmission. If you have something like a clogged timing valve then you can have slow shifts. And so on... The scan tool I'm talking about the MT2500 isn't a regular scan tool, it's a diagnostics tool and it's very helpful because it runs diagnostics programs and provides a lot of sensor information. If you go on ebay you should be able to pickup a MT2500 for a couple hundred dollars.
I rebuild toruqeflite transmissions, engines, rear ends, interior, exterior, electronics, and everything. So I have a ton of experience with these Dodges lol especially since mine was giving me such trouble and money is scarce so it's the time that people start making there own repairs. But anytime you need information help anything please ask me and I am certain I can be of help.

It's good that you didn't find any shavings, you should of wiped some metallic powder off the magnet though, that is normal wear from the planets.