View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Red/silver
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
dirtsurferus is on a distinguished road

i have the same transmission and 133k miles. mine did the same thing but i replaced the solenoid and it worked for about a week then going down the highway came to a stop light and wouldn't shift out of 1st. the check engine light came on and the code was P1757. the probable cause was internal trans failure or short in the wiring. i'm taking it to aamco tomorrow to see if they can do the free check thing.

Literally the EXACT same thing happened as described above. changed the fluid and filter and then it stopped shifting. when i changed it the first time the fluid was black..like blacker than my oil honestly...and there were a lot of shavings. it stopped shifting so i changed it again and this time changed the governor solenoid and speed sensor and it worked for about a week before it stopped again.

the abs light came on and the brake light won't go off and the speedo won't work below 20 so i think the PCM needs flashed or TCM replaced. sound right? i'm just guessing from what i read above.