View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Well I can tell you that my 2010 4.7L with superchips 93 tune gets anywhere from 16-18 city(depends if I sit downtown or if I'm to and from work, etc.) and anywhere from 20-22 highway. I almost never get on the highway normally, and my avg is usually about 17-18mpg. That's with heavy aftermarket wheels/tires. They are stock height, but very heavy. I have 3.55's, and am a quad cab, stock height(rear lowered an inch, actually). I got about the same mpg stock(although it was only stock for a few weeks), but I think the tune and tires offset each other. I'm also in FL where it's perfectly flat, so my mpg is probably optimistic.

Your tires and lift will not help. If you get 4.56's though, that would offset it... I also have an airaid drop in filter, airaid modular intake tube, mechanical clutch fan delete, and 180 tstat, but none of that made any noticeable difference in mpg.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.