Old 05-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Austin tan
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Hemi14 is on a distinguished road

Hi I just signed on today and I'm new at this. if i'm reading the date right, this was posted in 2010. i realize this was 2 yrs. ago, but was wondering how you made out with this noise. I have a 2010 2500 with a hemi and am having similiar noises. Mine have been getting progressively worse. It started out that it was just on start ups and would go away, suggesting the notorious exhaust leak and broken manifold bolts. It now lasts through all my driving. After start up and the idle drops off, it can be heard as an exhaust leak, what I always describe as a 'whiffle'. Then when in gear and backing up or driving forward it is much more pronounced. i can hear it on the highway, when I let off the throttle and then get back on it. it is now a loud tick. i liken it to what I read in someone elses post as 'a diesel knock'. My dealer has also given me the 'normal engine noise' sermon. Also a mechanic told me it was just the exhaust warming up, except I drive 25 min. to work and I'm pretty sure it's warmed up by then. I didn't pay $50,000 to have a truck that sounds like a 90's Ford diesel bag of shit. Does anyone out there have any info. for me? Thanks.