Vehicle: 1999 dodge ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: slt laramie
Color: silver
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
cape99ram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvan2500 View Post
I doubt the transmission needs to be rebuilt. Like I said you probably just need to have the valve body rebuilt, the valve body is what makes the transmission shift, it's pretty much the controller of the transmission. If you have something like a clogged timing valve then you can have slow shifts. And so on... The scan tool I'm talking about the MT2500 isn't a regular scan tool, it's a diagnostics tool and it's very helpful because it runs diagnostics programs and provides a lot of sensor information. If you go on ebay you should be able to pickup a MT2500 for a couple hundred dollars.
I rebuild toruqeflite transmissions, engines, rear ends, interior, exterior, electronics, and everything. So I have a ton of experience with these Dodges lol especially since mine was giving me such trouble and money is scarce so it's the time that people start making there own repairs. But anytime you need information help anything please ask me and I am certain I can be of help.

It's good that you didn't find any shavings, you should of wiped some metallic powder off the magnet though, that is normal wear from the planets.
i put some lucas oil transmission slip stuff in it a week ago and it stopped the trans from acting up around corners and jumping from gear to gear randomly, and i did wipe off the metal powder before i put the magnet in the new pan. everythings been fine until today... it started raining and now its starting in second sometimes, not coming out of 1st, not coming out of 2nd, etc... also, it dropped to neutral around a corner too. i checked a couple connectors on the bottom of the trans, and they were dry. then i realized i have the front o2 sensor unplugged... could that cause the problem? maybe getting the 02 sensor puts it in limp mode??? i cant seem to plug it back in cause its melted a little bit on the plug connected to the 02 sensor tho...