View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape99ram View Post
i put some lucas oil transmission slip stuff in it a week ago and it stopped the trans from acting up around corners and jumping from gear to gear randomly, and i did wipe off the metal powder before i put the magnet in the new pan. everythings been fine until today... it started raining and now its starting in second sometimes, not coming out of 1st, not coming out of 2nd, etc... also, it dropped to neutral around a corner too. i checked a couple connectors on the bottom of the trans, and they were dry. then i realized i have the front o2 sensor unplugged... could that cause the problem? maybe getting the 02 sensor puts it in limp mode??? i cant seem to plug it back in cause its melted a little bit on the plug connected to the 02 sensor tho...
It could be anything, especially since it's all electronic which is also why they make 30,000 dollar diagnostics machines lol. Anyways yes it could be the O2 sensor but IDK. I'm thinking you need a new governor pressure sensor and or temperature sensor. If it starts raining that will effect atmospheric pressure along with temperature. But if you had a MT2500 you could hook that up to the diagnostics block connector and get those sensor readings and be on your way. But if you run into any problems DO NOT hesitate to contact me.