Vehicle: 1999 dodge ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: slt laramie
Color: silver
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
cape99ram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvan2500 View Post
It could be anything, especially since it's all electronic which is also why they make 30,000 dollar diagnostics machines lol. Anyways yes it could be the O2 sensor but IDK. I'm thinking you need a new governor pressure sensor and or temperature sensor. If it starts raining that will effect atmospheric pressure along with temperature. But if you had a MT2500 you could hook that up to the diagnostics block connector and get those sensor readings and be on your way. But if you run into any problems DO NOT hesitate to contact me.
yea ill see if we have that scan tool at school or work. but i was driving today and it only does it sometimes... usually the first 10 mins driving it then its normal. i stopped at napa today and got a price on the governer pressure sensor and its 95$... i read somehwere else about someone having a similar problem an that sensor was the solution, but the valve body was replaced too. the work was done by a dealership too so who knows what it actually needed..... im on a highschool budget so im not all for buying a valve body and 100$ sensor but im not pulling the pan again and spending all this money till i can hook it u to a scan tool. ill keep u posted though