View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape99ram View Post
yea ill see if we have that scan tool at school or work. but i was driving today and it only does it sometimes... usually the first 10 mins driving it then its normal. i stopped at napa today and got a price on the governer pressure sensor and its 95$... i read somehwere else about someone having a similar problem an that sensor was the solution, but the valve body was replaced too. the work was done by a dealership too so who knows what it actually needed..... im on a highschool budget so im not all for buying a valve body and 100$ sensor but im not pulling the pan again and spending all this money till i can hook it u to a scan tool. ill keep u posted though
if you do need that solenoid go to www.makcotransmissionparts.com I always order from them, inexpensive and the parts are factory. as for the valve body, you don't need a replacement. maybe a rebuild but not a replacement. many people just replace the valve body because it's physically damaged or they don't want to be bothered with rebuilding it.