Old 06-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram SLT V10
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
Brian NY V10 is on a distinguished road

I have told this story on other forums, not sure if I did here but...

This past tax season the woman and I knew we needed another vehicle. After thinking I said we should get a truck to do work. We have a barn to dismantle and we would have an excuse to get a trailer and/or boat. I was a bow-tie fan for many years. Most of my trucks were of that brand. So we set a price of $1500 and I started to look on Craigs and locally. I had strict criteria for the truck I wanted. (1) It had to be 4 wheel drive. (2) It had to have a V8. (3) It had to have an EX or Club cab. (4) It could NOT be a Ford. After two weeks of looking I spotted this pretty white Ram which was advertised as being a V10. I called him and it seems like most people were afraid to buy it because it loves to drink fuel. The owner was an older guy who was moving. He used to haul antique tractors, (He left the louvered tail gate and runners for the 5th wheel setup). He was not going to be there to show it but his friend and neighbor could do the deal. I remembered how I first saw these in '93 when I worked for Chrysler. I never thought I'd own one let alone see one again. The truck was immaculate. It had been sprayed and had zero rust, the interior was like he never used it. He had told me on the phone that is was garage kept...anyway...It doesn't leak or burn, cough, fart or anything else that a nearly 20 year old truck would do. So, with cash in hand I spent $2500 and bought a truck that was a regular cab, non 4 wheel drive truck, (wasn't a Ford at least!)...take the fact that it was the first year for the V10 and they are OOP, I thought it was a piece of history that I could not bear to pass up. It also had a premium hitch and tri-ball, and 100psi air ride suspension. So I wiped the drool off my chin and paid every penny the guy asked for. I love the truck more than any other vehicle (aside from the Porsche 911) and plan for it to be my one and last truck. I shall rebuild and care for her all of my days. I remember how I lost a 1979 Formula Firebird with a 403ci Olds engine. I was more upset over loosing the big block...but those feelings are gone now that I own a 488ci V10 !